Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Illustration Friday-journey-Maria

by Maria Swiatkowski
My daughter and I were talking about the Illustration Friday word this week, "journey".  I told her that the word reminded me of the band by the same name. 

I explained that they did the original version of that Glee song she likes. I then Googled them, so she could see what they looked like.  

A picture of the same cassette that I had won in the seventh-grade for the foreign-language-week-poster-contest showed up in the images. This was the one cassette that my older sister and I could agree on.  We would listen to it as we fell asleep, one side each night.

I explained what a cassette was. I told her it was what we used to listen to music, in the old days of the nineteen eighties. 

Before I could get a Journey video up on the screen, my daughter grabbed her markers and a piece of paper out of the printer tray and said, "That's what I'm doing for Illustration Friday".


bluepapercranes said...

wow. its hard to come to terms with the fact that there are whole generations out there that dont know what a casette is!
such a lovely idea!

get zapped said...

great idea and perfect medium for this!

Jules said...

Hahahaha - brilliant!

Marcella said...

love the collaboration!

Caitlin said...

I remember those foreign language poster contests. Haha, what a blast from the past.

Maria is quite talented! It must be in her DNA

atlanticmo said...

Now you can see, I'm just trying to keep up with the girl.