Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Live in Stereo

popular

When I was a kid, I was always hearing grown-ups give the advice, "Just be yourself." and people will like you for who you are.

"Wrong!" is what I wanted to say.

The truth is, be yourself and some* people will like you for who you are. 

These people (who like you) will turn out to be just the kind of people that you want and need to be your friends. All your bad personality traits that have kept you from making friends with the wrong people are actually just a filter to keep those undesirables at a distance.

Besides, you won't want to be a jerk as much with your real friends because you love them and don't want to hurt their feelings. If you are a jerk (by accident) chances are one of your people will forgive you. 

If they don't? Well that's just another filter.

*Some is really all you need.









5 comments:

Maria said...

That happens in my class, alot.

Roland Prinsler said...

Nice, warm colours. They xreate a beautiful atmosphere!

Kathleen said...

"All you need is some . . ." I love it - my new motto! xo

Shirley said...

: ) This is great! I also just love the finished painting you completed..well done!

atlanticmo said...

Thanks everyone.