Monday, November 28, 2011

Dude, Sweet

round


My daughter and I go see a local production of the Nutcracker every year.  The local dance schools do some pretty impressive productions, but after last year's show we decided that we were ready to see the real thing.

I set the money for the tickets aside in January, so that when the time came I wouldn't cop-out due to sticker shock.

November came around and I realized that we would be in New York on the Sunday after Thanksgiving.  We had planned on going to the Boston show, but why not do New York and have Auntie come with us?

We got all dolled up and went to the matinee show at Lincoln Center.

It was a magical show. 

The live orchestra, beautiful, the sparkly sets, the colorful costumes and the amazing feats of athleticism from the dancers were enchanting.

When we got back to Auntie's we decided that no matter what the word was for Illustration Friday, I would have to do an image from the show.

4 comments:

Cindy D. said...

This is really cool, a really nice style. I love the pink background. I know you said Nutcracker but this reminds me a bit of a Cirque du Soleil clown, and those are so cool!

EGE said...

Beautiful!

Marcella said...

love the vibrant illustration. matinee sounds wonderful.

atlanticmo said...

thanks, y'all