Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Constellations

bounce
My husband and I love the Olympics.

We like to monopolize the one television.

"Mom, can I watch TV?"

"Sure, I think Dad is in there watching the women's soccer semi-finals. Why don't you join him?"

"Ugh, I guess I'll go read instead."

Win, Win

I find the whole thing very inspiring.
Cheesy moments and all.

I know there is still poverty and war.

But if that teenager or double-amputee or forty-year-old can achieve what we didn't think was humanly possible then I can surely get to work pursuing my own dreams.

Cue iinspiring music as I jog up the stairs to the art studio.

5 comments:

zoe said...

This is exactly why I love the Olympics. Where else do hard work and perseverance get such good press? This picture is incredible. I love it.

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

You've captured the spirit with this one, I think. Gold medal for you :)

Miranda Meeks said...

Yes it is very inspiring to watch the Olympics - my illo this week is based off of the event as well! I love what you did here with the white strokes against a dark background; lots of contrast. Great job!

Indigene said...

Love this illustration, especially that wonderful backdrop!

atlanticmo said...

Thanks, everyone. Sad the Olympics are over.